This will be a quick guide on how to find the Swapfolio token (SWFL) on the Uniswap Protocol. Uniswap is the most popular Decentralized-Exchange (DEX) in the cryptocurrency world.
Buying the SWFL token on Uniswap has recently become much easier to do. Thanks to the community submitting token lists to the Uniswap Exchange, users are no longer required to locate the token’s contract address from a site like coingecko.com.
Before we begin, you will need to do two things:
1. You’ll need to install the Metamask wallet from metamask.io to install the crypto wallet as a browser extension.
If you need help, click here: Connecting Uniswap to Metamask.
2. You’ll need to acquire some Ethereum (ETH) to swap assets on Uniswap. You will also need some ETH to pay for transaction fees, so plan accordingly.
- Click here to access the Uniswap Protocol user-interface (UI).
2. Select Click a token.
3. Locate the default token list at the bottom of the drop-down menu and click Change.
4. Locate either the CoinGecko or the Kleros token list by scrolling down and picking a list.
5. After selecting a token list, you can confirm this action was correct by checking to see the list name has been updated to your choosing.
6. Type “SWFL” or “Swapfolio” in the search box.
7. Click the desired search result.
8. You can now see SWFL has been added:
Use the red box to type in the amount in ETH to be purchased.
Use the blue box to type in the amount in SWFL to be purchased.
You can also click the MAX button (next to ETH) to spend all the ETH in your possession. Keep in mind that when using this option, any additional actions like clicking Speed Up or Cancel via Metamask could cause the swap to fail due to requiring more ETH than is available to spend.
9. In this example, we will manually select the number of SWFL to be purchased by typing in the amount, then clicking Swap.
10. You will now see details on the swap that is about to take place, confirm that everything looks good before clicking on Confirm Swap to execute the transaction (tx).
11. Now, you will see a pop-up menu from Metamask with default settings. Click Edit to optimize your gas settings to decrease wait times.
You can choose to manually type in the desired gas limits on the right side under Gas Limit but clicking Edit is a better way to save on ETH fees.
DO NOT adjust the GWEI settings, located on the left side. This will just burn precious ETH in most cases.
12. You will see three settings: Slow, Average, and Fast.
Choosing Fast is recommended as you will run into the least amount of issues with your orders.
13. After selecting Fast, you will see a checkmark in the upper right-hand corner of the chosen speed. Now, click Save.
14. Click Confirm to finalize the order.
That’s all there is to it, you’ve just bought some SWFL tokens and are ready to stake them! Check out the Swapfolio Wiki Guides for help troubleshooting.
If you need additional help, drop by our Telegram channel, and the community and team members will gladly help you resolve any issues. It’s also a fun place to hang out with several ways to win free SWFL tokens – just for participating in the chat!
We hope to see you there!