The Atomic Wallet is one of the most widely used cryptocurrency software wallets, and now, Decentralized-Finance (De-Fi) investors are wondering if it is a good option for the Uniswap token, $UNI.
The wallet added support for UNI immediately after the launch on September 16. So far, the wallet has proven itself to be one of the best choices for trading and holding UNI.
Besides the Uniswap token, Atomic Wallet supports more than twenty other De-Fi assets. Additionally, it allows you to trade on Uniswap and interact with the Decentralized-Exchange (DEX) via your wallet. This makes it a great alternative for those that dislike using MetaMask.
Atomic Wallet: A Short Overview
Atomic Wallet is one of the best choices for non-hardware wallets aside from leading solutions such as MyEtherWallet.
It is the perfect option for those that want something more from a traditional software wallet and do not want to pay the hefty price of a physical wallet like Trezor or Ledger.
Why is it so great?
The wallet offers more features than just holding your cryptocurrencies:
- The Atomic Wallet also has a built-in exchange that allows you to directly trade from within the wallet itself.
- Purchase digital assets directly with the use of fiat currencies. These fiat currencies include USD, EUR, GBP, and various other local currencies.
- Stake cryptocurrencies like Tezos, ATOM, TRON, and BAND without ever leaving your wallet or connecting it with other platforms.
- At the time of writing, Atomic Wallet supports more than 500 tokens, one of which is Uniswap (UNI).
By downloading the dApp (either on your PC or smartphone), you can hold and trade for De-Fi’s greatest governance token.
Trading De-Fi Tokens on Uniswap via Atomic Wallet
With the help of a special feature called Wallet Connect, you can conduct token swaps on Uniswap via the Atomic Wallet. The feature is open-source and connects desktop apps with mobile wallets via a proxy contract.
You can utilize it for either trading on Uniswap or other platforms, like the Binance DEX. If you have never done this, there is no need to worry. Using Wallet Connect is easy if you follow the simple guide below.
Finding Wallet Connect on Atomic Wallet
To be able to make a transaction (tx/txs) on Uniswap directly from your wallet, you must first open the Atomic Wallet.
After clicking on the settings button in the upper right-hand corner, choose Wallet Connect and a QR code scanner will appear.
Processing the Trade on Uniswap
- After opening the QR scanner, continue by visiting the official Uniswap DEX (Decentralized-Exchange) and connecting your wallet.
2. At this point, a QR code will appear. You must scan this code with your Atomic Wallet QR scanner. By doing so, you will successfully connect your mobile wallet with the Uniswap exchange. All that is left to do now is to execute the token swap, just as you would on Uniswap via other wallets.
3. Simply click on ‘Connect to a Wallet’ in the top right corner and select WalletConnect as the option.
4. The DEX will require you to confirm the transaction, which you need to confirm with your previously connected wallet. The Atomic Wallet will show you all the details of the token swap you have completed, including the transaction hash.
5. Now, you need only to wait for the transaction to confirm for your new digital assets to appear in your wallet.